Things to consider to ensure proper fit and function
- Are your window frames square?
- Should you consider an inside – or an outside-mounted installation?
- Which products have an inherent gap between the shade and the window frame?
Things to consider before purchasing
All of our window coverings are designed and custom made by Luxaflex®. Our longstanding commitment to quality and innovation means you’ll enjoy choices at Luxaflex® that you won’t find anywhere else.
There are many things to consider before purchasing a quality Luxaflex® product:
- What is your decorating style? Contemporary, traditional, rustic?
- Is privacy and light control a main concern?
- Which material will work best in your room? The type and colour of fabric will affect the amount of light coming into your room.
- Do you want a shade that rises fully for the view, or a sheer that gives view through with UV protection?
- How do you want to operate your shade? There are many options from cordless to motorization.
Where can I find Installation Instructions and Guides?
Installation guidelines for each product can be found here.
It is important to know the required space and correct type and quantity of installation hardware to safely and securely install a window covering.
Things to consider before installing a Luxaflex® product:
- What mounting depth is needed to properly mount your installation hardware?
- Is the mounting surface level?
- What type of surface will the brackets be mounted to? (For example, drywall, cement, wood, etc.)
- Are anchors needed to hold the brackets? (Not included with installation hardware.)